Friday, October 12, 2012

Autumn's glow continues and I find a new friend.

In between torrential downpours, big blows and days of mist and mizzleness I managed to take these photographs of Autumn 2012 in and around Belfast, Maine. I just love the patterning of the leaves against the sky - perfect textile designs in the making.








Asters and Rose Hips
My new friend Bert the Porcupine chowing down on Blueberry Hill
Grove Cemetery, Belfast, Maine

“Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves,
We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!”

by Humbert Wolfe 

1 comment:

June said...

Ohhhhh....such beautiful photos of a perfect autumnal day. Thanks for sharing these, and also letting us have a glimpse of your adorable little new friend, Bert. I love porcupines and hedgehogs. Here's hoping the rest of October remains as beautiful as these photos you've taken. Autumn is such a magical, almost mystical time of the year.